As social media marketers, we have a responsibility to set a high standard when it comes to social media marketing and protecting the data of social media users. For this reason, the Social Media Marketing Institute has started work on an ethical framework to set a benchmark for our members to provide the highest quality service whilst protecting data and privacy.
At both the Social Media Marketing Summit and the Social Media Marketing Awards, we announced the formulation of a working group of industry leaders to help construct a framework that will include values and principles that our members. as well as the Social Media Marketing Institute, will use as a reference point in decision making process and a guide for behaviour.
We are excited about beginning this process and welcome any input into this discussion.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the working group and include your input into the construction of the framework, please contact Mireille Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holiday Marketing – Why a Content Calendar is Crucial
- Seniors are Finally Going Crazy for Social Media
- Social Media Trends for 2017 - What You Need to Know and How Not to Get Left Behind
- Social Media Spotlight - Coda Studio
- Using Hashtags to Increase Your Brand Visibility