Is it a movie or is it a campaign? That is the question that has been asked over the last couple of weeks with teaser trailers being strategically released.
Well, that question was finally answered yesterday, with Tourism Austrailia launching their new campaign during the Superbowl.
With the support of Australian stars like Chris Hemsworth, Margot Robbie and Hugh Jackman, this carefully orchestrated campaign encouraged fans to tune and watch via social media in the weeks leading up to the Superbowl.
And we loved it!
As of the 5th February, "the teasers have generated almost 4000 news stories, with an estimated value of $30 million and an estimated audience of 3 billion people. In addition, more than 412 million people have been reached on social media platforms and importantly, 80 per cent of that is United States based*
So successful was the campaign, a petition has been launched to help make a new Crocodile Dundee movie.
Congratulations Tourism Australia on a job well done!
Interesting Facts about the Campaign:
- The Big Game ads receive as much attention as the game, with 24 per cent of viewers even saying the commercials are the best part of the game, while 38 per cent of social media activity during the game is about the ads, compared to 32 per cent about the game.
- Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home has a total of 12 A‐list celebrity cameos, the most cameos in the Big Game’s commercial history. Talent includes: Chris Hemsworth, Danny McBride, Margot Robbie, Paul Hogan, Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Jessica Mauboy, Curtis Stone, Luke Bracey, Liam Hemsworth, Ruby Rose and Isla Fisher.
- Dundee: The Son of a Legend Returns Home was filmed in six different Australian locations. Principal filming of the commercial and the associated content took place in six different locations including Lawn Hill Gorge (Northern Territory/Queensland), Mission Beach, Opal Reef (Queensland), Quay Restaurant, Sydney Harbour (New South Wales), Montalto Winery (Victoria), Kangaroo Island (South Australia) and Cable Beach (Western Australia).
** Interesting facts sourced from Tourism Australia Fact Sheet
The wait is over. Watch the full official DUNDEE trailer right here. It's the surprise no one saw coming (unless you've been on the Internet during the past two weeks). Visit https://t.co/kadAyLFwZh for more. #SeeAustralia #DundeeTourismAd pic.twitter.com/kxmGItY8tV— Australia (@Australia) February 5, 2018
- Defining Your Audience
- Social Media - A Critical Part of Managing Recalls
- Social Storytelling - Why You Need to Use it
- How to Find Your Target Market & Hit Their Sweet Spot
- Social Listening and Big Data - How The Audience Created the Product