Today in a blog post by Stan Chudnovsky, VP of Messenger, Facebook has released Messenger 4, it's latest update to the Messenger app. This update promises to to be a simplified version with some powerful features that put the focus back on messaging and connecting.
3 Keys Features of Messenger 4
1) Simple and Easy to Navigate
- There will be 3 tabs instead of 9
- Your conversations are front and centre in the Chats Tab
- A camera at the top so you can easily capture and share your selfies.
2) Chats - Personalise Conversations
- In the People's tab, you can find friends, catch up with people's stories and see who is active right now
- Colour gradients have been added so you can use multiple colours to customise your chat bubbles in the conversation.
- Colour gradients can be changed at any time to reflect your mood or topic of conversation
- In the Discover tab, you can connect with businesses, play Instant Games, book your next holiday, and follow the news
Future New Features
Messenger will be introducing Dark Mode, a re-skinned interface that cuts down on the glare from your phone.
This will be rolled out in the near future.
These updates will be rolled out in phases and will be gradually rolled out across the globe in the coming weeks.
- Seniors are Finally Going Crazy for Social Media
- Facebook Messenger Day - Is every social media platform out to emulate Snapchat these days?
- Building Your Tribe on Social Media
- Facebook Protects Against Hate Speech
- You Can Now Order Food On Facebook