Social media is all about conversations and interactions right?
Facebook are wanting to encourage more engagement on posts and thus promote conversations which is good for everyone.
So with this in mind, Facebook have announced they are making an update to how they rank comments in the news feed.
What you need to know and how you can control your own comment ranking settings:
- Facebook rank comments on public posts from Pages and people with a lot of followers, since these posts tend to have many comments
- Facebook will remove comments that violate their Community Standards
- Facebook have been surveying their users to better understand the types of comments people want to see to help them with how they rank comments
- Controlling what is posted - Users can moderate the comments on their posts by hiding, deleting or engaging with comments
- Pages with large numbers of followers can choose to turn off comment ranking
- Pages with smaller numbers can turn on comment ranking
- Facebook will also start showing comments on public posts more when the comments have interactions from the Page or person who originally posted
- Also if the comments or reactions are from friends of the person who posted, they will also be shown more.
So take some time to plan how you will encourage conversation on your Facebook Page.
- Holiday Marketing – Why a Content Calendar is Crucial
- Seniors are Finally Going Crazy for Social Media
- Social Media Trends for 2017 - What You Need to Know and How Not to Get Left Behind
- Facebook Messenger Day - Is every social media platform out to emulate Snapchat these days?
- Social Media Spotlight - Coda Studio