Instagram is taking action to tackle the use of third party apps to artificially grow and boost an audience. Instagram will begin removing inauthentic likes, follows and comments from accounts that use third-party apps to boost their popularity.
Accounts who are using these tools will be identified through machine learning tools built to help identify accounts that use these services and remove the inauthentic activity. Once these accounts are identified, they will receive an in-app message alerting them that Instagram has removed the inauthentic likes, follows and comments given by their account to others and the user will also be asked to change their password.
Using these tools can also compromise the security of your account and by simply changing your password to revoke their access to your account.
Instagram is working to tackle this kind of inauthentic behaviour and more updates will be coming in the following weeks.
- 5 Instagram Marketing Metrics Every Social Media Manager Should Know About
- Instagram Adds Face Filters In Live
- New Feature : Scheduling Posts with Instagram
- Instagram Introduces Type Mode in Stories
- Instagram Looking To Improve Your Profile