As a heavy user of LinkedIn and as an admin on company pages, I was excited to see the new LinkedIn Pages.
I have always found it hard to get excited about using Company pages. I found it frustrating that I could only use a desktop to manage them especially when I was travelling. It was so much easier to get traction on my Personal Brand page so focussed on growing that instead.
But with this new update, these frustrations have hopefully been sorted.
The Key Updates:
- Admins can now post updates and respond to comments, on the go from the LinkedIn mobile app for iOS and Android - this is a big win for me as was the source of a lot of frustration as I travel a lot and don't always have access to my laptop
- Admins can associate their pages with hashtags so they can listen in and respond to conversations about their brand or relevant topics - another thing I am really happy about.
- Admins can now share Powerpoints, word docs and PDFs
- LinkedIn has addd a new feature called Content Suggestions - a new feature that surfaces the topics and content trending with their target audience on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn is adding a suite of tools to help organisations engage their people by introducing the ability to discover and res-hare their employees’ public LinkedIn posts from their Page.
- They are also adding the ability to respond to and re-share any posts on LinkedIn where a company's page is mentioned, also like testimonials and product reviews
- LinkedIn has enhanced their partner APIs to make it easier for admins to engage in conversations on LinkedIn using tools like Hootsuite.
LinkedIn has started rolling out the updates already in the US and the rest on the world over the coming weeks.
- Facebook Enters the Job Seeker Market
- Snapchat Introduces the Snapchat Camera for Desktop
- Creating a GIF for your LinkedIn Company Pages
- Instagram Looking To Improve Your Profile
- Instagram Making it Easier For the Visually Impaired