Dr Karen Sutherland
Dr Karen Sutherland - Academic Ambassador
Dr Karen Sutherland’s approach to social media is best demonstrated with a circle signifying:
- Continuing conversations
- Long-term relationships
- Social media and offline interactions as one blended experience for your business and its customers
Dr Sutherland is an award-winning Lecturer and the Discipline Lead in Public Relations, Coordinator and creator of the Social Media Minor and a social media researcher at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Her passion is finding simple social media solutions for business and non-profit organisations that build positive and ongoing relationships with their customers and stakeholders.
Dr Sutherland has been employed in a range of marketing, communication and public relations roles at organisations such as Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABCTV), Grundy Television, Fremantle Media International, the Australian Red Cross Blood Service and Monash University.
Her qualifications include:
- PhD – Monash University – Towards an Integrated Social Media Communication Model for the Not-For-Profit Sector: A Case Study of Youth Homelessness Charities
- Master of Marketing (with Merit) – University of Newcastle
- Postgraduate Diploma of Arts (Research) – Monash University
- Bachelor of Communication – Monash Universty